Here’s the slides and presentation information for the presentation I gave at Drupal Camp Ottawa on the 24th of July, 2015, at 10am.
Slides available here: Slides are available here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/13rcqc6-SucpNfJmHzdtrDi3Chj0q4a4_Kr5BIkKU1UQ/edit?usp=sharing
Whether you’re a Drupal master developer or whether you’re completely new to Drupal, getting your environments running and keeping them running can be tricky business.
In this session, we will introduce everything you’ll need to manage your own systems and environments for running Drupal, we’ll look at the various software packages, different architectures, tips and tricks, and we’ll talk about other technologies to help you take your Drupal sysadmin skills even further.
- Operating Systems
- Which OS to choose : Why you should care even though you just want a website.
- Linux Distributions: Whats the difference?
- Tools of the trade
- Best practices
- Security considerations
- Public key crypto
- MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, SQLight, NoSQL
- MySQL/MariaDB what’s the difference?
- Database performance
- Database architectures
- PHP: What you need to know
- Static Caching
- Example architectures for different types of Drupal sites.
- Considerations for production
- Dealing with emergencies
- So you’re under attack …
- Types of attacks
- Attack mitigation technics
- So you’re been hacked …
- Finding out what was broken.
- What to do now.
- Quick intro to:
- Devops tools (Vagrant, Docker, …)
- Configuration Management (Puppet, Chef …)
- Monitoring (Nagios, Zabbix, … )